- Autism Awareness
The Destin Fire Control District and it’s Employees are collecting donations in support of Autism awareness. Show your support by donating and wearing an Autism Awareness T-shirt.
– Autism is a bio-neurological developmental disability which impacts the normal development of the brain. Autism generally appears in children before the age of 3 and effects the areas of social interaction, communication skills and cognitive function.
Stop by the main fire station at 848 Airport Road, Destin to make a donation and mention “Creating Awareness for Autism” and you will receive a limited edition, Autism themed T-shirt (while supplies last.) Please support our efforts by donating $20.00 or whatever you can give.
All net proceeds count towards this fundraiser and will be donated to the Autism Spectrum on the Emerald Coast, Inc.. (Cash and check only please. No credit cards)
Learn more about how our local community is working to fight this disability:
- The Autism Spectrum on the Emerald Coast, Inc. is a 501(C) 3 non-profit organization whose mission is to serve as the leading voice and resource of the local autism community. We are the area’s leader in raising community awareness while providing support for individuals with autism and their families through outreach opportunities, educational programming and providing inclusion opportunities within schools and the community. Click here for more information – http://www.asecfl.com/
- The Emerald Coast Autism Center (ECAC) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to educating and improving the lives of young children with autism in Okaloosa and Walton counties and surrounding areas. Click here for more information – http://www.ecautismcenter.org/
Other sources for information:
- The Autism Research Foundation – http://theautismresearchfoundation.org/
- Autism Speaks – https://www.autismspeaks.org/
A special Thank You to
The Big Red Truck
for the wonderful food and service in support of the Autism Awareness fundraising event on Monday, April 24, 2017. It would not have been such a success without you.
- Jr. Lifeguard Program Registration
Jr. Lifeguard Program Registration
The Destin Fire Control District is happy to announce the opening of registration for the 11th consecutive season of the Destin Beach Safety Junior Lifeguard Program.
- Smoke Alarm Installation Program
Smoke Alarm Installation Program
Don’t have a smoke alarm, or the one you have does not work?
Through a partnership with the American Red Cross, the Destin Fire Control District is proud to provide a Smoke Alarm Installation Program.
Residents of Destin who do not have a smoke alarm, or do not have a working alarm can sign up today to receive a free smoke alarm.
Call us at (850) 837-8413. Smoke alarms SAVE LIVES!!!
- Important News
Retirement Announcement –
We would like to send our best wishes to Fire Marshal Ron Gerdeman who will retire on February 28, 2017. Fire Marshal Gerdeman is retiring after 16 years in the fire service.
It has been an honor to have worked with you. Your hard work and dedication has greatly benefited our department and community. We wish you and your family all the best in your well-earned retirement. You will be missed!
Regular Monthly Board of Commissioners Meeting – Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 5:30 p.m at 848 Airport Road, Destin, FL 32541
Fire Statistics EMS Statistics
|Year To Date 131||Year To Date 258|